Re: Annoying Gnome Panel Appearance

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:15:25 +1200, Andrew Hill said:

> > I've been using Gnome for over six months know and have found it to
>  be
>  > OK, except for the size of the panel. I'd prefer it to be half the
>  > height that it is to waste less screen real estate. I don't agree
>  with
>  > KDE's licence, but if Gnome's panel can't be configured then I'll
>  just
>  > have to overlook the QPL and install KDE, which does let you resize
>  the
>  > height of the panel. Even Winblows lets you adjust the panel's
>  height!
>  >

>  Helix code goes a bit to fix this, though not truely resiable.
It has
>  panel bar at top which is similar in size to that of the mac's menu
>  bar.

You must be using an older version of Gnome?

The current version (1.2) lets you set the size of your panel to 24, 36,
48, 64 or 80 pixels in size.  There's also a bunch of other option
(different panels for different needs, multiple panels anywhere you want
them).	It's a little tricky to get the feel for, but the new panel set
up is bloody configurable.

I suggest you try it out.  I think this is what you are after.

Rodd