Re: Exit Windows..

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 05:28:00PM +0100, Blad, John Erling did utter:

> One way around is to open an app with some special resource
> on the window. When a window manager detects the resource
> it knows it goes in a collection. Not very difficult even if
> it is not something the end-user will do..
>
> It could even be made special programs, "collection managers"
> who could have special rules for how to manage the windows.
> In fact Nautilus could be redefined as a collection manager.
>
> If you are familiar with frames in a browser, it is almost like
> frames. You have handles you can drag around, etc..

Have you seen pwm/ion window managers? ion seems to describe what you're
describing... (I've not tried it myself - but I adore pwm and use it as my
daily wmanager. I should concede though I do not use gnome daily - I'm only
on this list because UI discussions are a pet interest ;)

I have no idea how gnome-friendly pwm/ion are...

URLs:
http://www.students.tut.fi/~tuomov/pwm/
http://www.students.tut.fi/~tuomov/ion/

cheers...
.../Nemo
--
| nemo         | Life's highway traverses | nemo net house cx              |
| Owen Cameron | the indigo wastelands.   | http://www.net.house.cx/~nemo/ |