Re: User interface suggestions

Calum Benson wrote:

> Jörg Rathlev wrote:
>
> > UI wishlist += A mail client that recognizes mailing list messages and then
> > offers an extra command "reply to list".
>
> There is actually an RFC for this somewhere, that describes a new header
> that mailing list messages should use... I forget the details off-hand!
> I've seen some mail clients that manage to do it even without that
> header, though...

http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html

"If you support the Mail-Followup-To field, you're giving the original author a
way to handle this situation. If he's on the mailing list, he'll set
up a Mail-Followup-To field showing just the list, without his address. "

"Mail-Followup-To also lets people redirect discussions away from inappropriate
mailing lists. "

--
Michael T. Babcock, C.T.O. FibreSpeed
http://www.fibrespeed.net/~mbabcock