Re: File dialogs: an attempt at a summary

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Fox" <kfox@vulpes.com>

> Dylan Griffiths wrote:
> > X's "clipboard" is broken by design.
>
> I know it's in vogue right now to bitch about X, but X doesn't
> have a problem with the clipboard design. The problem is that Xterm
> has odd selection usage and that's keeping other applications from
> using the clipboards "properly".
>
> X has some really nice features that a lot of applications totally
> misuse/abuse/avoid. It would be like Microsoft doing a really terrible
> port of Office to Linux and then everybody bitching about how horrible
> Linux is.

... Like loading xv on a machine on the other side of the world (via ssh
tunnelling of course), highlighting a section of it then pasting it into
another application running on another machine elsewhere in the world, both
of which are on my screen side-by-side?

Oh, Windows could do that ... sure ... if it were X.  ;-)