Re: File dialogs: an attempt at a summary

Alan Shutko wrote:
> > Given that all the tab combinations are generally needed for other
> > tasks, the most promising suggestion for a suitable key combination
> > is <ctrl>+<space>.
> You know, it would be nice if the keystroke was user-specifiable.  I
> just realized that I'd really like M-/ as a completion keystroke
> (since it matches an Emacs completion method) but I realize that
> probably wouldn't be good for most people.

I'd love to have the keystroke reassignable via the advanced dialog
preferences.

However, I think the default should be ctrl+/ as I don't recall seeing that
used anywhere, the location of / is standard, and the spacebar is very
unwieldy :)

--
    www.kuro5hin.org -- technology and culture, from the trenches.