Re: First UI component needing replacement.

> Except that ctrl+a is already Well Known as select all.
>
> The problem with using any Emacs ideas, is that all the shortcuts in
> it are completely counter to 12+ years of common shortcuts on the
> Win32 and Macintosh platforms.  This makes them fairly useless.

Ooops.

Well, a lot of applications have an "enable Emacs keybindings"
option.  This would be a nice plus for all of us who have tortured
ourselves using Unix the hard way for many years.  8)

I'm actually no great fan of either set of bindings; I just wish the
universe would pick one and stick with it.  ::sigh::

-B.