Re: Need a core dump.

Glenn Arndt wrote:
> Helix GNOME has Bug-Buddy, no? It does all the things you are
> suggesting.. I don't know if bug-buddy is exclusive to Helix or not,
> though. Any time the Helix updater or some such Helix app crashes, it
> automatically pops up the bug-buddy wizard. Now, what would be good is
> if bug-buddy would pop up after *any* gnome/gtk+ app crashed.. that
> might already be the case; I don't know for sure. But it is very useful
> in Helix.

I wouldn't popup a druid each time.  For the first crash, the user will
likely be unfamiliar with the concepts and need to be led through.  After
that, most users find the druid an obstacle to letting them complete the
form.  You should only "teach" the user to use the form once, and from them
on not use the druid as a crutch/excuse for not developing a proper form.  I
know I hate having to plod through the same damned steps each time (this is
why I also hate Wink2, aka Wizard2k).

--
    www.kuro5hin.org -- technology and culure, from the trenches.