Re: Need a core dump.

"Christopher D. Beland" wrote:

> > Makes me wonder if the "Your app has crashed" dialog should have an
> > expert/advanced mode (either as a GNOME global setting, or simply as
> > a dialog button) that brings up some extra info about the
> > crash. Including the option to dump a core. (no doubt other options
> > may be appropriate. "restart app" could be one...
>
> Another useful option would be to throw up a form that asks for what
> the user was doing that may have caused the crash, and gives them the
> option of submitting their results and the corefile to a party that
> wants to receive such bug reports?  (Basically, the "Talkback"
> service used by Mozilla/Netscape projects.)
>
> -Beland

Helix GNOME has Bug-Buddy, no? It does all the things you are
suggesting.. I don't know if bug-buddy is exclusive to Helix or not,
though. Any time the Helix updater or some such Helix app crashes, it
automatically pops up the bug-buddy wizard. Now, what would be good is
if bug-buddy would pop up after *any* gnome/gtk+ app crashed.. that
might already be the case; I don't know for sure. But it is very useful
in Helix.

Glenn
--
email: gmarndt@indiana.edu