Re: Right-justified help menu?

----- Original Message -----
From: Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org>
> "James M. Cape" <jcape@jcinteractive.com> writes:
>
> > Well, right-justification of the Help menu may make it easier for you to
> > find because you are used to it, but it doesn't for ex-users of every
> > other operating system on the planet
>
> Not Mac users, iirc.
>
> > I frankly would not be surprised if the reason you are so keen on
> > the help menu in that location is because you had to force yourself
> > to remember it (either through repetition or use),
>
> The advantage of putting things in corners is that one doesn't have to
> scan to get there... you can just slam the mouse up and right.
> Whether Help is worthy of such a position is another debate.

That may be true but most people (I think) don't use the help menu enough
for that to be a sizeable advantage. I'm sure anyone with experience with
help on the right would easily find help grouped with the rest of the
entries. On the other hand people used to having all the menues grouped
together find it difficult to find on the right. (I know I did :-)

--Ben