Quick Question: Copy/Paste

Hey fellas (and ladies?)... I've got a quick note/question sort of
thing...

Not sure if this is the right place, but it's a start.

I've been working on an application in which one capability of it is to
copy and paste files like you can in the Windows file manager.  I decided
not to include the 'cut' operation because I've yet to see an
implementation that seemed readily consistent with cut in other
applications (i.e. should the files really get deleted as soon as you cut?
or should they just sort of fade away like they do in Windows, only to
stay around if you copy something else w/o pasting the files?).

So far, so good.  As I started moving some files around on my machine, it
struck me that I didn't know what I wanted to do with the files *before*
I got where I was going... that is, I copied the files, went to the
directory where I wanted them, and *then* decided if I wanted to move them
or copy them.

So my question is this: what verbage might I use for something like that?
If I copy a file, go to a new directory and want to paste the file but I
want its original to get deleted, what do I call that?  Obviously, if I
want to paste it but maintain the original untouched, I call it paste.

Any ideas?
If I didn't make sense, I apologize in advance... =)

William R. Tipton