[Fwd: fundamentals of the gnome user interface]

Bowie Poag wrote:
Bowie >> Also, keeping a mind to reducing the number
Bowie >> of "layers" a user must plunge through to accomplish a task is very
Bowie >>important.

I really like this point and think it is something that should always be referred too.

At my place of employment, I would love to see (and help set up) a gnome system
for Artists to produce work on. I mention this only because I have seen many Artists
(and all people, really) often get frustrated if the task they want to accomplish is
behind ten layers of menus and sub menus.  I think that makes something 10x more
complex for people.

I definitely don't claim to having a solution to this problem, but I think it will eventually
be solved by occasionally looking back and seeing if it has been helped.

--
Ryan Johnston - The Banff Centre for The Arts
        Interactive Media Programmer / Artist