Re: Menus

Tom Vogt wrote:

> John R Sheets <dusk@smsi-roman.com> wrote:
> > That way, they could remove rarely-used commands, or trim down their menus, and if
> > they needed to use that rare command, they switch to default mode, call it, and
>
> where is the user advantage in triming menus? it's not like the usual
> pull-down menu is similiar to the start-menu mess. almost always it's no
> problem that there are three items in there you rarely use.

I suppose there's no specific advantage to trimming menus per se, if that was a
standalone feature (i.e. implemented for its sake alone, not as the side effect of a
greater functionality).  But I would say that the more customizability we give the user
(and--here's the point--the administrator), the better things will be for the greater
whole.  If we make it easy to turn off, there is no reason we should avoid this feature
(aside from coding/implementation details).

John