Re: Uniformity?

>  Do you need a volunteer for this? Maybe I'd find the time, and dig up the
>  various programs to see where the differences are. Has there been any
>  discussion on topics with regard to guidelines (besides what's on
>  www.gnome.org, of course)?

I would appreciate your help with the UI Guidelines document.

>  If this (UI-guidelines) could be considered as a vacant position
>  and I hear no one opposing that I do this job, I'd gladly accept
>  input of a) opinions on topics which haven't been decided finally
>  and b) yet unwritten laws of which I might not be aware, then
>  refine this stuff and maybe get something compact, excerpt-like out
>  of it. Different opinions could be discussed and after the
>  differences are worked out, the final document could be made.

Basically I want it to be similar in content to the Apple Human
Interface Guidelines, with the addition of lots of programming
examples that serve as a reference for programmers.

Please take a look at whatever is on CVS now (under
gnome-libs/devel-docs/ui-guide) -- it is very incomplete right now,
and it could certainly use some work to bring it up to speed.

  Federico