Re: A Proposal For The Addition Of Color-Reactiveness To The GNOME Desktop

On 20 May, Bowie Poag shouted:
->
->
->  >
->  > Um.. I think we need a much more precise definition of "status" before
->  > anything like this can be done... is statuse just running or not? is it
->  > running, waiting for somehting, sleeping, awating input, ... ? this
->  > would be best done by property hints... can be implimented in a flash..
->  > if I just know what there is...
->  >
->
->  Whenever I speak of "status" , i'm referring to the total number of
->  possible states a program can be in, both physically at the process level,
->  as well as at the operational level. "Status" means everything from "idle,
->  sleeping, running, or zombie" to "rendering.. , busy.. , checking email.."
->  etc.. Any state to which a program can be in, at any time. Whatever is
->  most important to the user to see reflected in a Lamp, or in a Beacon.
->
->  Think of "status" as a general, all-encompassing thing. Here's another
->  example  -- Me. Right now, my status is that i'm sick with the flu. I'm
->  also busy writing this email. I just ate, so i'm no longer hungry. All of
->  these things are different states -- Bowie is Sick, or Bowie is Busy,
->  Writing, Hungry, whatever.

yes eys. but we need a canoical list of useful states that  a program
can set itself to be in, and that a display system (ie the window
manager it seems int his case) can interpret meaningfull and then
display the users preferred state...

->  Hope this helps.
->
->  Bowie J. Poag