Re: property dialogs

Janos Farkas writes:
 > On 1998-03-18 at 23:46:42, Eckehard Berns wrote:
 > > Take xvidtune from XFree86 for an example. There are cases where you
 > > have to adjust the HTotal when you set the HSyncEnd to high. Those
 > > dialog boxed might be rare, but they exist.
 >
 > I see, but this is a *very* special application, and I see no reason
 > to force everything else done this way, just because a very few dialog
 > boxes need special treatment.

xvidtune is silly if it requires you to see a screen which you are
adjusting.  It should work completely off of keystrokes and mouse
movements and button presses:

	Press left button and move mouse to adjust centering.
	Press right button and move mouse to adjust width.
	Press alt and move mouse to adjust total width.
	press enter to save values
	Press escape to restore last saved values.
	Press escape again to restore original values.

It shouldn't be rocket science, and it shouldn't affect every other
program's dialogs.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://web.crynwr.com/~nelson