Re: gnome key binding standard

First: can someone explain me clearly all the mess of meta, ctrl, alt and so on?
My keyboard has: alt and altgr and two ctrl. Some keyboards have two Windoze
and one Menu too (I think it will be cool to get some paint and a penguin or
X transfer to replace them). I know that you can remap keys. But dunno how
they are set in my Linux now.

>> Ctrl+A Edit/Select All
>> Ctrl+X Edit/Cut
>I hate that one. x is associated with "exit" to most people, and not at all
>with cut.

GIMP (and Mac, IMO) uses ctrl+Q and ctrl+W (one for quit app, the other for
quit window (document)).
Keeping cut, paste and copy near helps the users (X is like a scissors
graphic ;] ).

>> Ctrl+C Edit/Copy
>> Ctrl+V Edit/Paste
>> Ctrl+F Find
>> Ctrl+Z Edit/Undo
>> Ctrl+Y (?) Edit/Redo
>I think u and r are used more often for undo/redo on unix, no? it's also
>much easier to remember.

Maybe, no personal preferences here (Z is near the cut-copy-paste block, so
maybe faster to use, but U is more easier to remember). ctrl+Z & ctrl+Y are
taken from GIMP, are they not? Using shift is also interesting.

GSR