Re: Style Guide suggestion

aled.davies@bigfoot.com writes:
> What I was suggesting that we bundle all these settings (tooltips,
> Pictures+Text on toolbars, Fonts, Colours) into a control applet so that
> instead of having to configure them on each application that we have
> some kind of apperance control-panel where you can set the default
> setting.

That's eminently reasonable. In fact, with clever implementation, the
GUI settings preferences dialog could be made reusable between the
control panel applet and individual apps (for the apps it would
probably be one tab of several in a tabbed "Preferences..." dialog,
with other more app-specific settings in other tabs.

However, I think the control panel thing is something someone could
safely just do without a style guide entry. I feel the need for a bit
more justification before actually hacking up people's apps to put in
settings I personally like. :-)

I'll try to hack on this stuff soon. For now I'm trying to write a
little Gnome mini-app so I can get a hang of all the new APIs, before
I start on adding to them.

> I agree with your point that being able to choose which menu the
> prefences item appears is taking things a bit far. I think I should have
> edited the original message in a better fashion to avoid this confusion.
>:)

OK, you had me worried for a bit there :-)

 - Maciej