Re: roadmap to style guide

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Tom Vogt wrote:

> and as step 0.) I think we should first look at who is here and would like
> to contribute exactly what to the effort. :)

Well, I am here just to check that we keep internationalization in mind
while doing stuff... That is, the people on the Swedish language team
figured that we have enough problems as it is without adding more from
(bad) original texts. I guess this is a phenonema that takes place in all
SW development. To make consistent translations the original authors need
a guide stipulating terms to use, etc... Btw. this is applicable to all
textual and graphical information displayed to the user. As for your step
one, I suppose that we could break stuff down into two (main) categories.

GUI stuff and CLI stuff. And, yes, I think that documenting the
style we have for the command line is at least as important as the GUI.

CLI
	Switches and flags
	Messages
		Warnings and error messages
		Usage information

Well, i guess that was the easiest part:-) Now, does any one want to do
actuall work on it? I belive the command line stuff is pritty well
consistent (thanks to gnome_init and argp) so we just need to document it.

Martin

Martin Wahlén		Sound Foundation Inc.	    tel.    (613) 563-2226
mwahlen@soundfound.com  152 Hawthorne Ave.          fax.    (613) 563-2228
www.soundfound.com      K1S 0B3

LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX