roadmap to style guide

as nobody seems to say very much, I took the freedom to construct a rough
roadmap of what I believe should be done to arrive at some kind of general
style guide for gnome. please comment.

1.) identification of subjects

we first should identify several key components of the user interface, so
one or several personens can concentrate on these aspects. these are things
like menu layout and menu titles, colors and general effects, panel layout
and contents, application template and more.

2.) general discussion

in the second step I believe a general consent should be found on what the
user interface's purpose is and how it is best achieved. a couple of rough
guidelines should be the result of this discussion.

3.) detailed style guide

the third phase sees dedicated teams working from the general guidelines of
the second step towards specific guidelines for the identified components of
the first step, so that in the end for every component there will be a
collection of user interface hints.

and as step 0.) I think we should first look at who is here and would like
to contribute exactly what to the effort. :)

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.