Re: Proposal for First Draft of GNOME Style Guide 1.1

Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> wrote:
> It wasnt my intent to assert that the Compliance Level thing was a bad
> idea for him to raise -- Just that the idea already exists, and discussion
> of it would best be done at the conference, since its one of the primary
> topics to be covered.

excuse me, but you want to do creative discussion at the irc conference? you
ARE aware that roughly half the list will not be attending? plus I thought
that this list was the place where such things should happen?

confused.

> Its the human way, to become frightened and sceptical when someone in a
> position of authority is saying things which dont make sense to 100% of
> the people.

sorry for the flamebait, but you ARE NOT in a position of authority if 100%
of the people don't support you. (which is a different thing than "if not 100%
of...").

it doesn't matter how good it is if nobody agrees. that's one of the reasons
why I want to have the style guide created by everyone in a community
effort.

anyway. I think the topic is really covered now. I'll try to restrain myself
from posting any more flamebaits and get to work instead.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.