Re: Links to Style Guides (Was Re: guessing, speculation, andopinion)

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Ben 'The Con Man' Kahn wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Dan Kaminsky wrote:
>
> > Now, quit mentioning HCI literature and give us some *links* to some.  Also,
> > can you please explain pie menus?  I've never heard of them.
>
> 	I'm reading through my email for the first time this weekend, so
> maybe this has been answered before, but maybe I have some information
> which others have missed.
>
> 	A pie menu is a menu which is shaped like a circle.  The mouse
> pointer starts centered in the middle of the circle and the menu items are
> on the outside.  Like this:
>
>               File
>
>          Edit  .  Window
>
>               Help

IMO, this is a silly idea and i don't understand why any company would pay
money for research into it.
|        / |/ /_ __/ /_____         |       Nuke Skyjumper               |
|       /    / // /  '_/ -_)        |         "Master of the Farce"      |