Re: To answer your question about the upcoming Style-Guide...

Dan Kaminsky <effugas@best.com> wrote:
> >in my humble opinion, windoze is "the worst". you don't have to share that
> >opinion nor is it a matter at hand here, so let's not get sidetracked by a
> >simple comment, ok? :)
>
> Fine.  Don't use your distaste of the windows GUI as a reason to distance
> GNOME from Windows if you can't explain what portions of the Windows GUI
> should be avoided.

I don't. my distaste for windoze is one of the reasons I am here to take my
part in making gnome better. but for the individual points I argue I do try
to find external and verifiable support.

> >my "show that it's possible" could qualify as the later. the former is too
> >far away to be of concern to me right now. maybe once the first demo
> >implementation is there we can talk about using it as an introduction to
> >gnome, but currently it's just an idea.
>
> It's still a relevant one, and for this reason:  We're trying to decide how
> to implement our interface to be understandable.  If we can all agree that
> screenplays are critical enough, then we can tailor our interface to be
> easily trainable by quick tutorial.

true, yes. but it's still a feature of the future, right?

> >not trying to put screenplays down. I'm just trying to say that my
> proposals
> >are possible NOW and I'm very willing to talk about screenplays TOMORROW.
> >that's the fundamental difference.
>
> I see.

also, there is no reason not to combine these things. screenplays can not be
the only solution, but they can enhance whatever good default configuration
we come up with.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.