Re: 'About' versus 'About...'

Bruce Dodson wrote:

> But I do agree with John that, for an about box, Close is more appropriate
> than Cancel.  Cancel will worry the user.  "Cancel what?  I haven't done
> anything yet!"

Yep.  I think the style guide should state that if a dialog has
only a single button, it should read "Close".  If you're not
given a choice, you shouldn't have to make a decision.  "Okay"
(or "Cancel") implies that you've just (dis-)agreed to
something.  (Admittedly, I haven't thought this out 100%, so
please pipe up with exceptions.)

More to the point, though, I don't think "Cancel" should _ever_
be the only button in a dialog.

John