Re: Print

George <jirka@5z.com> wrote:
> > 	Ahhh...  But what if it's a gnome icon?  Then it isn't confusing
> > at all.  (It'll look like the mac.)
>
> I like this ... it sounds cool ...

I don't know about the mac, but in those cases where windoze apps use icons
as menu items, it's very confusing, counter-intuitive and outright crappy.
looks very much like a programer liked the idea and threw it in without
asking someone else.

as I said, I don't know about the mac. maybe there is a way to do this in a
very good way - but if it's any close to the way it's done on windoze, then
I don't think it's a good idea.

the main question maybe is: why an icon? all the rest of the menubar is
text, so why suddenly an icon? unless there is a very good reason to break
the general style for this menu item, I don't think it should be done.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.