Re: Print

Quoting John R Sheets (dusk@smsi-roman.com):
> George wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 09, 1998 at 10:46:46AM -0400, Ben 'The Con Man' Kahn wrote:
> > >       Ahhh...  But what if it's a gnome icon?  Then it isn't confusing
> > > at all.  (It'll look like the mac.)
> >
> > I like this ... it sounds cool ...
>
> Yeah, and come to think of it, they'll already be used to
> clicking on feet to get menus, from working with the panel.  (c:

now all we need is a "gnome" key on the keyboard ....:)

otherwise I think an icon actually makes sense .... it distingishes it from
the other menus .... it makes it also easy to recognise a gnome app ...
and as an added bonus we won't have to argue what it's name would be ...
Application or App could be used for different things .... basically a
foot would be so app inspecific it would make sense that it would be the
Gnome/App/System/whatever-one-would-call-it menu .... it should also
probably have all the generic things an app should have and could be
for the most part autogenerated (an app would bind a "quit" signal on the
gnomeapp, and the default handeler would be gtk_main_quit .... also
it could contain session saving menu items .... doing it by autogenerating
would have the added bonus of having the menu adapting to the enviroment
... for example if tehre is no session manager any session-manager specific
items would not be there (I guess save session (app and global)) ... but this
could be for whatever .... that would all add to the consistency between apps

George