Re: Revisiting App Menu

Berin Loritsch <BERIN.LORITSCH@cpmx.saic.com> wrote:
> The bottom line is, we want to emulate good GUI, and not bad GUI.  If we
> had the Gnome app menu (a graphic is intuitive if it is consistent), it
> would house the Quit, About..., and Configuration items (and possibly
> anything else that could be considered global).  If that menu item were
> consistent in every app, with the Quit, About..., and Configuration menu
> items always in that menu; that would be a learned intuitiveness.  Many of
> the hangups we have here are with former users of other OS's.  They each
> have their pluses and minuses, and their own unique way of doing things.
> I think that the Gnome menu would be intuitive for new users, and a learned
> intuitiveness for users that immigrants (not native un*x users).

I agree with everything you said, absolutely. there should be a new menu and
the crap that doesn't belong in "files" should be moved out of there - we
all know it's only there because "file" is the required menu in windoze
apps.

just one thing: could you please set some linewraping? it looks somewhat
weird here without. :) thanks.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.