Re: Conditional cascades

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Some time ago somebody was talking about it. I've now tried icewm and seen them
> > and they're great. Is somebody working on it?
>
> Can someone explain me what the "Conditional cascades" are?

Conditional cascade submenus allow a menu item to have both a submenu
and a command attached to it. You can select the menu item (default,
often
used command) or you can display the submenu and choose an alternate
command.

For example: In a context menu, Open executes some default application
associated with the file. If the file has more than on association,
all of them are available in the submenu. The default is usually
marked somehow (checked, maybe bold).

For practical working examples see OS/2 WPS or my icewm X window
manager.

Currently I am working on adding keyboard support to gtk menus (and
other widgets). Maybe I'll add conditional cascade submenus too.

Mark

P.S. In Alias Wavefront (I think) I have seen something similiar:
conditional
dialogs. A menu item has an optional dialog attached instead of a
submenu.
--
... MouseDevice "/dev/null"