RE: Usability worries

> Who is the intended user of Gnome?

My feeling is that Gnome should be easy enough for a typical windoze
user to feel comfortable, yet configurable enough for me (a very picky
power-user) to like using it.

> Gnome applications (apps that should go into the base distribution)
> should
> be written for the intended user and not for the author. This brings
> on a
> second question...

Let's say not ONLY for the author.  Obviously, they are for the author
or he wouldn't be writing them (for free).

> What is the purpose of Gnome?
>
> The original announcement is very vague and there seem to be no
> guiding
> star of the Gnome project. Is the object to compete with M$? Some
> people
> seem to be of this opinion. Is the object to create a usable desktop
> for
> some group of users? I hope for the latter.

I vote for the latter as well.

Paul