Re: Proposal, and about icons in the path

>Wesley Felter <wesf@cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
>> If the filesystem layout is too confusing, why not simply change it?
>
>but is it? my experience says it's not. it's quite consistent and logical,
>at least as far as any regular user is concerned (/var/lib and /usr/lib
>aren't always handled the same by all programs, but users don't usually get
>involved in that).

I agree that the filesystem layout is consistent and logical, but it's still
confusing, because it isn't self-documenting. I'm tired of looking at a file
and not knowing what it is. "var" and "usr" don't even look like English
words to me. So I suppose my real gripe is less with the organization of
files as with the names of files. IMO all file names should be in my
language.

Wesley Felter - wesf@cs.utexas.edu