Re: Proposal for File-Selection Dialog

>2.) Okay, but I don't know how intuitive that folder icon would be >for
a menu.  Hmmm...is there something more "descriptive" that would
>indicate that that pops up a menu of choices.

I've got one with a tiny 'down' triangle I'm working on.  It looks okay,
but I'm open to suggestions.  I think the icon should work very well, or
else be completely arbitrary, such as butting a tiny circle or a big
right arrow a la gimp 1.1.

>3.) I assume that your first image would be a horizontal-scrolling
>pane, a la Windows.  If it's good enough for Windows, it's good >enough
for us, I guess.  But:

Truth is, the horizontal panning has never bothered me, but if the
preference is for vertical among us, it's really a small issue for me.

>But his opinions on the file dialog issue are at least choate enough
>to merit consideration.  So you might want to browse this site a
>little bit for critiques/inspiration.

I took a look at a while ago.  I agree that he seems a little hard on
some things, ones which work for me fine.  But in general, he seems
sharp.

>Great work overall, though.  If you need any help with a bona-fide
>GTK+ prototype (a REAL prototype :-), just say something and maybe
>I'll be able to help out.

Thanks.  I'll use gtk stuff when I've got a working gnome.  Until then,
I hope y'all don't mind windows style.  It's very similar in appearance,
though not in functionality, to gnome anyway.  Bevels, squarish widgets,
etc.

Justin