Re: Metaproposal: Default to standard

>  This may be obvious, but this might not be:
>
>  GNOME Apps should follow the GNOME Style Guide.  If the style guide does not
>  specify appropriate behavior, GNOME Apps should follow established user
>  interface guidelines on other platforms.
[snip]

I am inclined to think that this is dictated by plain common sense.
Ideally, the GNOME UI Guidelines should be complete and specify all
the user interface stuff a typical application may need.  If it is
missing something, I would expect people to avoid "going weird" and
instead use something from another UI standards document.

  Federico