Re: Metaproposal: Default to standard

> This isn't to say that GNOME can't be different.  I'm just saying, if the
> GNOME Style wants to be different, it's gotta say so.
>
> That being said, *every single thing* in the Macintosh HCI guidelines should
> either be accepted or rejected, and the results of that should be placed in
> the GUIG.  That's the difference between producing a complete document, and
> just a helper thing.

Its also a good way to come up with a complete abortion of a Style Guide.
By going through, as you've said, and omitting pieces here and there, you
weaken the original document to the point where it eventually breaks
consistancy within itself, if the document was written well to start with.
I dont think many of us are well-versed enough in the Mac HIG to make that
judgement call, so, its business as usual. Mistake or not.

Federico, Tom and others have already pointed out that theyre not willing
to wait for a guide to be written the right way..So, in their eyes,
hybridizing a pure document with a scattering of GNOME-specific ideas is
the next best thing. Its also a mistake, imho.

Quick, lets shoot Bowie for having an opinion. Lets not ask him to clarify
the point he's trying to make. :)

Bowie