Re: Activate Scroll Key - More on mice/clicks/scrolls...

-----Original Message-----
From: Ric Klaren <ia_ric@cs.utwente.nl>
To: Tim Moore <tmoore@tembel.org>; Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>; Dan Effugas
Kaminsky <effugas@best.com>; gnome-gui-list@gnome.org
<gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Thursday, August 20, 1998 6:57 AM
Subject: Re: Activate Scroll Key - More on mice/clicks/scrolls...

>The user could then bind these to the buttons of his liking.... During
>install of the app or the first use of an app a user would get some message
>that he/she might want to change some mouse bindings...

I could see it being a dangerous thing if applications can't presume the
user has access to a context menu.  What if a user accidentally removes the
ability for himself to click?

Yes, this contradicts my own arguments.  It's a worry.

>On Wed, Aug 19, 1998 at 03:14:10PM -0700, Dan Effugas Kaminsky wrote:
>> This is a default evaluation here.  I really don't think that middle
paste
>> is a very good default, but it'd be suicidal to remove it totally.
Themes
>> should control this.
>
>Theme? Theme is appearance wasn't it? Or is it configuration options also?
>Is it logical if you install a new theme and your key/mouse-bindings
change?
>Just a thought....

Yes, install a MacOS theme and theoretically everything could be made
maccy...keythemes would deal with keyboard entry, mousethemes would map
everything to mac-mode, etc.