Re: PROPOSAL: UISG Notification Sample Length Standardization, Revision 1

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998 17:04:26 -0700 (MST), bjp@primenet.com <BowiePoag> wrote:

>After much debate, the crowd seems to favor lengthining the default
>allowable sample length to ~4 seconds. (3 to 5, was the general
>consensus.)
>
>So, lets make it official.
>
>The UISG proposes that:
>
> o In order for an application to retain its status as "GNOME Compliant",
>   it must not feature (by default) a notification sample greater in
>   length than 4 seconds.
>
>Im surprised we're haggling so much over this issue.. Its like the
>simplest once we're going to cover. :)

OK I'm late in the discussion, but this issue is irrelevant. Applications
that don't do sound-specific stuff will just ask the installed GNOME theme to
play the sound.

Think gnome_stock,
-- Elliot
Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from smart
people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart
terminals.  -- obs@burnout.demon.co.uk