Re: Is Flaming Good?

Dan Effugas Kaminsky <effugas@best.com> wrote:
> >what can you do? the social solution: work on your pr department to create
> >better impression of yourself. or the technical solution: learn to write
> >gnome lib stuff and prove them wrong by implementing things yourself.
>
> Well, I have a choice, Tom.
>
> I can either accept that this is how GNOME is going to treat ANYBODY who
> tries to make a proposal, or I can stand up and say, *NO*, I don't care if
> you're god and you coded the universe, you don't have the right in an "open"

dan, you are missing the obvious third solution. that this is how the gnome
community treats YOU because of the way you choose to interact with it, the
way you create your proposals and promote them and a dozen other things.

I honestly believe that you an bowie share something: you both have good
ideas and both the vision and stubborness to look for better solutions to
old problems. however, both of you also share a serious shortcoming in the
pr department.

and I do positivly believe this problem is the source of most of your
troubles.

		-- Henry Spencer