Re: Apologies to gnome-gui if I ever said you guys were flamers...

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Goehring <scott@poverty.bloomington.in.us>
To: Dan "Effugas" Kaminsky <effugas@best.com>
Cc: gnome-gui-list@gnome.org <gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Tuesday, August 18, 1998 6:16 PM
Subject: Re: Apologies to gnome-gui if I ever said you guys were flamers...

>"Dan" == Dan \"Effugas\" Kaminsky <Dan> writes:
>
>Dan> The general message I recieved from the coding contingent was
>Dan> "Well, we don't care if you have a good or well developed idea
>Dan> that everybody wants, we're doing our own thing, so shut up if
>Dan> you can't code, you're a dumbass since you can't code, I'm only
>Dan> going to give you web space if you code something, wahhhhh we're
>Dan> coders so we're special."
>
>That's not the message I see being sent to you.  Rather, I see coders
>telling you that your proposals are completely ignorant of any of the
>technical issues which would be involved in implementing them.  On top
>of that, you don't appear interested in finding out what those
>difficulties are, and you refuse to listen to coders when they tell
>you that your ideas are ignorant.  You're not a dumbass because you
>can't code, but because you won't listen to those who can.

Could somebody please tell me what technical issues I have ignored?  When I
was challenged on technical grounds re: screenplays, I started communicating
with the author of Xlab and posted his things here.  Supposedly, coders
don't like my minbar proposal because it's difficult to get the contents of
an occluded window, but it took me forever to get that specific claim out of
one.  Cluehunting?  I fail to see how "it's been done before" and "it's not
possible" are NOT mutually exclusive.  As a matter of record, I make it VERY
VERY clear that much of cluehunting was not new.  I am, thus far, unaware
however of any pluggable, generally available, and listable expansion
interface.  I was unaware that zsh and emacs had such degree of context
sensitivity.  I was very interested to hear this.

What slashdot posts tell me a single technical issue that I ignored?