Re: Apologies to gnome-gui if I ever said you guys were flamers...

-----Original Message-----
From: John R Sheets <dusk@smsi-roman.com>
To: Dan Effugas Kaminsky <effugas@best.com>
Cc: gnome-gui-list@gnome.org <gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Tuesday, August 18, 1998 7:39 AM
Subject: Re: Apologies to gnome-gui if I ever said you guys were flamers...

[John doesn't understand my shock at the gnome dev response]

None of the coders had any substantive responses against cluehunting.  It
was just total character assassination.

Go check out slashdot, it's real ugly.  If it wasn't for Miguel and my
intense desire to actually have the things I describe...ewwww.

I do NOT mind coders saying "by the way, this is kinda hard because of X, Y,
and Z."  I DO mind "dan kaminsky is an idiot/dumbass out to kill gnome".
That was the general reaction I got in the Gnome developer IRC channel, by
the way.