Re: request to federico

-----Original Message-----
From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico@nuclecu.unam.mx>
To: tom@lemuria.org <tom@lemuria.org>
Cc: gnome-gui-list@gnome.org <gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Monday, August 17, 1998 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: request to federico

>The GNOME User Interface Guidelines document is concerned about:

>[SHOULD HAVE:]
> - User interface design issues -- look & feel.
>
> - Standard behavior for user interface elements.

>[SHOULD NOT HAVE:]
> - Wish lists for window managers.

These two contradict eachother, through and through.

>>  bowie's and dan's uisg is still being worked on (dan's announces on
>>  freshmeat mention it, but bowie announced different?). a bit of
>>  confusion here.
>
>I do not think announcing this on Fresmeat.net or Slashdot.org is a
>good idea, for reasons I already expounded to Mr. Kaminsky on a
>private mail.

Federico and I have already resolved this, I believe.  He was afraid that
Slashdot/Freshmeat wouldn't provide excellent feedback; the dozens of
multipage analysis emails I have recieved(only one anti-ms comment, and it
wasn't even a real flame!) were astounding.  So we appear to be cool on
this.

Did I misunderstand, Federico?  I didn't think you wanted to close off GNOME
development to the public.