RE: PROPOSAL: UISG Notification Sample Length Standardization

I have to also agree with those who are saying the 2 seconds is too
restrictive.  What if my program was _based_ around vocalizing messages.
In fact the more I think about it, a restriction like this is
Baaaad(TM).  A close friend of mine is blind and naturally relies on
auditory warnings.  I feel this time limit is arbitrary and could easily
infringe upon valid designs, for instance if I personally made my
program blind-aware and wanted to include informative sound messages.  I
also have been considering designing games that are 100% dependant on
audio, so this would entirely prevent these kind of valid applications
from ever receiving a GNOME compliancy.  This is no good.  I understand
your intentions, and I agree.  In most situations long winded movie
samples and what-not as alarms would be very, very irritating and
downright sleazy, but I feel that mandating this is too restrictive.
Maybe put in a word of warning that unless it is a necessary part of the
programs functionality, please restrict your sound sample length.

Josh