Re: Tab Order

"Dan" == Dan \"Effugas\" Kaminsky <Dan> writes:

Dan> OK, in tune with my "Lets work on the things that piss people off
Dan> first" manifesto...

Dan> I wanna GC1 good tab order.  Straight down, or L->R->D, or in a
Dan> user configurable language order, I don't care.  It just has to
Dan> be consistent.

Dan> Oh yes--shift-tab ought to be back-order.

Can you turn this into something probative?  Requiring that every
application "have a tab order" serves no purpose.  You're going to
have to differentiate acceptable and unacceptable tab orders in some
way that can be understood by users of the style guide.

(And what about applications, such as a word processor or spreadsheet,
in which tab has a different meaning?)