Re: File & Edit Menus

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> >  Disagree with you here. A good terminal emulator will have a wide variety
> >  of interchangable emulations. /File-->Open-->IBM3161_Emulation.emu
>
> Actually that would go in a Preferences or Settings dialog, I think.

True. Just playing Devil's Advocate. here.

> >  This kind of software is for cash registers. Cash register PC's will have
> >  no need for running Unix, let alone GNOME on top of it, in the first
> >  place.
>
> It depends on how broad a scope you want to assign to the GNOME
> project.

Well, a well-designed Style Guide *should* be able to encompass periphery
apps like cash registers/POS software anyway. I just think it justifies
tweaking the document, to affect the masses, just to encompass the
exceptions, so to speak.

The Bank of America branch I go to here in Tucson has XWindow installed on
all the office desks.. So, the market is there, ill agree. :)

Bowie