Re: PROPOSAL: UISG Menu Line Standardization

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, JR Tipton wrote:

> Write the documentation.  The users will love you for it.
>
> There is no argument to that.

One thing I'd like to point out here is that, while I'm sure noone says
documentation is a bad thing, many coders (and I certainly include myself
is this) code for fun  (why else would they be giving the software away
for free?) and feel that their time could much better spent actually
coding, or learning, or coding, or debugging or (did I mention coding?)
since writing documentation is kind of a drag IMO... My suggestion
to those people here who aren't actually writing any code - I know
you're out their :) - and feel that documentation is so important
(although if you develop an intuitive enough UI very little documentation
should be necassary) *and* if you also feel like helping out in the GNOME
project, volunteering to write documentation I'm sure would be much
appreciated. Telling the programmer to write the documentation is slightly
less well recieved, since they're already contributing in some other way.