Re: RSG, draft three

Gleef <gleef@capital.net> wrote:
> C1 level would be primarily things like bad behavior, it should be easy
> for a program to meet GNOME-friendly levels.  The GNOME-friendly label
> would tell the user that the program will not break their GNOME system.  A
> very stylized system like Kai would be able to conform to the
> GNOME-friendly specification rather easily.

I'm not sure I get the idea here. any program that breaks anything,
especially unrelated applications, is very buggy anyways.

or do you propose having a purely technical session, saying that no matter
what it looks like, if it supports session management, dnd and other things
like that, it's "GNOME friendly" ?

> Since the button to close the window should be the rightmost button, I
> would say the button should be at the bottom right.
>
> The current RSG has it as "expanded to fill the whole width of the
> window".  I think that oversized buttons like this look cartoony and
> unprofessional.

not sure. look at gimp, they use it that way all over the place and it looks
quite good. that is always on the assumption that the window isn't 623
pixels wide, but I as we are speaking of simple dialogs with only one
button, I think those of that size are quite rare.

		-- Henry Spencer