Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Active Style Guide splinter Group

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Robert Soros wrote:

> Dear Gnome Users, Developers and Onlookers:
>
> 	Despite the developments of the last twenty-four hours concerning the
> Gnome Style Guide, I and many other developers will continue to
> advocate our version and idea of the style guide. We Call it "Active
> Style."
> 	To participate in the development of the Active Style guide one must
> first sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and forfeit and
> non-proprietory operating system to the sponser of the Active Style
> Mailing List.  Email root@microsoft.com for more information regarding
> our sponser.

Hehehehehehehehehehhahahaha..ahhhh, comic relief! :)

I'll one-up you. :)

I would like to propose that the Active Style Guide consist of nothing
more than a giant, dancing, witty, clever paperclip that offers you
advice, and resides in a window in the corner of your screen that you cant
remove.

I would also like it to be made MANDITORY that a giant clown pop up during
Gnome sessions, which offers the users bad advice. For example, the evil
clown pops up, and the word bubble from his mouth says, "HEY KIDS! SPEED
UP YOUR SYSTEMS!!! TYPE RM -RF / AS ROOT!"

Bowie