Re: New GNOME User Interface Guidelines document and maintainer

>  I'm not the code master--I just make really good mockups.  Someone shouldn't
>  have to code to make a suggestion--that's the point of gnome-gui.  The
>  images aren't getting through?  Very strange.  Can I please please please
>  have space for my gnome proposal web site on www.gnome.org?

Suggestions about novel UI ideas are of course very welcome.
Unfortunately, and please don't get me wrong, they are not very useful
unless people can actually test them in the form of a running program :-)

There are quite a few people writing applets for the GNOME Panel, so
you may want to talk to someone on gnome-list to see if he has the
time/inclination to write a proof of concept of your Minbar idea.  We
are very interested in having a very functional Panel.  As far as I
can tell, your proposal also has some relationship with what a window
manager does for its iconified windows and such, so you may want to
talk to some WM wizards as well.

(People write the craziest applets, so chances are good that you'll
find someone who will try to implement your ideas) :-)

>  Could everybody please email me(not to the list) if they can access the
>  pictures?

I just went through the directories under ~effugas/Constructs, and
cannot find any images there, just html files.

  Federico