Re: PROPOSAL: UISG Default Window Geometry

Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org> writes:

> Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> wrote:
> >  o No application may (by default) open up on the desktop at
> >    a size larger than the physical dimensions of the workspace,
> >    unless specifically instructed to do so, per user settings.
> >
> > Agree or disagree?
>
> disagree.
>
> this is a wm and/or X issue, not a gnome one. if we're going to talk about
> this at all, we will first have to clear 4) - how much and what are we going
> to say about wms at all.

    How is this a wm or X issue?  Sure, if there were X UI style guidelines,
it should fall there, but there are no such guidelines.  As it is, my
GtkPerl-using program makes a call like
    $window->set_usize(480, 320);
to make the initial window visible.  This may not be the "right" way to do
so, but it's used in at least two example programs.  Since the code is
inside a (potential) Gnome application, I'd say that's a Gnome issue.

-- Michael