Re: PROPOSAL: UISG Menu Line Standardization

> > Its going to take alot for us to agree to change "Program" to (foot
icon).

> > The reasoning behind this is because it breaks consistancy. It needs to
be
> > all text, or all graphics, across the board. If you change Program to
> > (foot), you might as well change Edit to a pair of scissors, View to a
> > magifying class, Options to a question mark, Help to an exclamation
mark.

> > Consistancy is key here, for the UISG at least..
>
> we all agree that consistancy is a valuable item. but,
over the past week we
> have done mockup screenshots, mockup programs and other research that
> pointed to the foot icon as a better solution for several related
problem,
> access times and user expectations among them.

Well then if that really is the case, then perhaps you should switch to all
icons then? If the desktop is inconsistant it's only going to take the new
user that much more time to learn it. Most people can infer what "Program"
means, but most people aren't going see a foot and think "Ahhh Program." If
the user knows it is an all icon based desktop they will know they have to
use a little more creative thinking.

Ray