Re: PROPOSAL: UISG Menu Line Standardization

* Bowie Poag

| > What if their is no online help available? Would the Help menu still
| > exist, with About as the only menu option? Seems a little odd to have an
| > entire toplevel menu that only contains the one menu item, especially
| > one that would make just as much sense to be placed under Program...
|
| Under the UISG, if no application-specific help is available, a simple
| generic document for "Help with using GNOME" appears by default.

The UISG should state that every program should have a help page.

I really think that one of the major pitfalls is that the
programs/libraries are not documented properly. Thus too make this an
requirement would increase the number of help documents and the
usability of the GNOME system.

I think preferences should go in the Progam menu and not as a top
menu.

--
Preben Randhol                    | Dekadansens forfall...
Tlf    73940929/(735)94076 [arb]  |