Re: Menu Premise (was Re: tmfkap, File, &c)

On Thu, Aug 06, 1998 at 04:43:17PM -0400, Michael Poole wrote:
> > This is an interesting idea, but it would double the work for
> > programmers (we'd have to assign each menu item to two different menu
> > placements, instead of just one).  Don't count on compliance. :)
>
>     I really doubt it would be twice the work; from my (rather simple)
> UI-heavy programs, writing another menu layout would only increase code
> size by about 20%, and probably make sure that I wasn't duplicating
> code more than I should be :)

I have to agree with Michael. Even stronger it sometimes take hardly no
effort. If I look at my experience with GEM on the old ataris. Making a new
layout is just starting you gui designer (Resource Editor) create a new
.rsc file with other menu layout and if need be other dialog layout and

Ric
- Ric Klaren - ia_ric@cs.utwente.nl ------- klaren@cs.utwente.nl --------------
'And this 'rebooting' business? Give it a good kicking, do you?' 'Oh, no,
 of course, we ... that is ... well, yes, in fact,' said Ponder. 'Adrian
   goes round the back and ... er ... prods it with his foot. But in a
    technical way,' he added. --- From: Hogfather by Terry Pratchett.

PGP signature