Re: Menu Premise (was Re: tmfkap, File, &c)

"John" == John R Sheets <dusk@smsi-roman.com> writes:

John> Makes sense.  Know of any other approaches to menu layout?

Random?:)

John> Do we dare consider a configureable option to switch between the
John> two?  Click a checkbox and you're in Task Menu mode...click it
John> again and you're in Scope-menu mode.  Make it a GNOME-wide
John> default, overridable on the application level.

This is an interesting idea, but it would double the work for
programmers (we'd have to assign each menu item to two different menu
placements, instead of just one).  Don't count on compliance. :)